放下人生的方向盤: 在軟弱中領受呼召 Letting Go of the Wheel: Receiving His Calling in Our Weakness
文/Cathy Chen
English Version Below
文/Cathy Chen
English Version Below
你是否也曾經歷過那種「明明拼盡全力,最後卻一無所獲」的時刻?
彼得那晚大概就是這種心情。身為專業漁夫,他卻整夜勞力,連一條魚都沒打著。對一個靠海吃飯的人來說,這不只是工作上的挫折;這可能意味著明天餐桌上沒有食物,甚至會讓他開始自我懷疑:我還能承擔起照顧家人的責任嗎?我配作一個好父親、好丈夫嗎?
我想像著,一個已經精疲力盡、對明天感到心灰意冷的人,還能做什麼?
就在這個時候,耶穌上了他的船。
你是否也曾經歷過那種「明明拼盡全力,最後卻一無所獲」的時刻?
彼得那晚大概就是這種心情。身為專業漁夫,他卻整夜勞力,連一條魚都沒打著。對一個靠海吃飯的人來說,這不只是工作上的挫折;這可能意味著明天餐桌上沒有食物,甚至會讓他開始自我懷疑:我還能承擔起照顧家人的責任嗎?我配作一個好父親、好丈夫嗎?
我想像著,一個已經精疲力盡、對明天感到心灰意冷的人,還能做什麼?
就在這個時候,耶穌上了他的船。
滿載而歸後的意外反應
當彼得硬著頭皮,照著耶穌的話再次下網時,竟然拉上來滿滿一網的魚。但最讓我震撼的,是彼得的反應。他第一個動作不是含淚撒種後的歡呼收割。相反地,他直接跪在耶穌膝前,說了一句很不合邏輯的話:
「主啊,離開我,我是個罪人!」
為什麼一個滿載而歸的神蹟,換來的卻是深深的自責?這其實是再真實不過的屬靈經歷:當人真正遇見那位無比聖潔的主時,第一眼看見的,往往不再是自己的委屈或辛苦,而是內心的軟弱、有限與敗壞。
當彼得硬著頭皮,照著耶穌的話再次下網時,竟然拉上來滿滿一網的魚。但最讓我震撼的,是彼得的反應。他第一個動作不是含淚撒種後的歡呼收割。相反地,他直接跪在耶穌膝前,說了一句很不合邏輯的話:
「主啊,離開我,我是個罪人!」
為什麼一個滿載而歸的神蹟,換來的卻是深深的自責?這其實是再真實不過的屬靈經歷:當人真正遇見那位無比聖潔的主時,第一眼看見的,往往不再是自己的委屈或辛苦,而是內心的軟弱、有限與敗壞。
轉折點:他遇見了誰
讀到這裡,我有時會好奇:彼得究竟犯了什麼大錯?他心裡背負著多深的罪疚感,才會在看見神蹟後,不僅沒有停留在驚嘆裡,反而甘心捨下一切去跟隨耶穌?為什麼聖經沒有更多描述他內心的掙扎?
後來我漸漸明白,也許我劃錯重點了。
這段經文的焦點,不在於彼得犯了多少罪,或者罪有多大。因為在神面前,罪的問題從來就不只是「數量」或「大小」,而是它確實切斷了我們與神之間的連結。
彼得生命真正的轉折點在於:他遇見了誰。 他遇見了耶穌——那位聖潔,卻又無比慈愛的主。
在這份真光照耀下,彼得看見了自己的不堪。但恩典是,主耶穌並沒有照著彼得的要求離開他。主反而走向他,對他說:「不要怕!從今以後,你要得人了。」(路加福音 5:10)
知道自己不配,其實是一件極其蒙恩的事。當我們愈深認識到自己的不足,就愈能體會恩典有多麼寶貴,也愈能深愛我們所信的這位神。知罪,只是改變的起點;將目光轉向主本身,生命才能真正被翻轉。從此,彼得的人生不再只是計算「自己能做多少」,而是專注於「耶穌為他做了什麼」。
讀到這裡,我有時會好奇:彼得究竟犯了什麼大錯?他心裡背負著多深的罪疚感,才會在看見神蹟後,不僅沒有停留在驚嘆裡,反而甘心捨下一切去跟隨耶穌?為什麼聖經沒有更多描述他內心的掙扎?
後來我漸漸明白,也許我劃錯重點了。
這段經文的焦點,不在於彼得犯了多少罪,或者罪有多大。因為在神面前,罪的問題從來就不只是「數量」或「大小」,而是它確實切斷了我們與神之間的連結。
彼得生命真正的轉折點在於:他遇見了誰。 他遇見了耶穌——那位聖潔,卻又無比慈愛的主。
在這份真光照耀下,彼得看見了自己的不堪。但恩典是,主耶穌並沒有照著彼得的要求離開他。主反而走向他,對他說:「不要怕!從今以後,你要得人了。」(路加福音 5:10)
知道自己不配,其實是一件極其蒙恩的事。當我們愈深認識到自己的不足,就愈能體會恩典有多麼寶貴,也愈能深愛我們所信的這位神。知罪,只是改變的起點;將目光轉向主本身,生命才能真正被翻轉。從此,彼得的人生不再只是計算「自己能做多少」,而是專注於「耶穌為他做了什麼」。
信心,不只建立在眼見的神蹟上
坦白說,我有時候也會暗自想:「要是耶穌也給我一個像『滿網漁獲』那樣震撼的神蹟就好了!如果我親眼看見,一定會更容易信靠祂。」
畢竟人們總習慣眼見為憑,看見了才覺得安心。可是主耶穌曾對多馬說:「你因看見了我才信;那沒有看見就信的有福了。」(約翰福音 20:29)
真正的信心,不是建立在戲劇化的神蹟上,而是深深扎根在神的話語和應許上。 基督的救恩已經在十字架上成就,神的心意也已經清楚寫在聖經裡。我們不需要因為沒經歷過別人那種奇特的神蹟,就懷疑神的真實。
我們真正該問自己的,或許不是:「神啊,我什麼時候才能看見更大的神蹟?」 而是:「神已經透過聖經、十字架,以及許多生命的見證向我顯明了祂自己,那我,願意如何回應祂?」
很多時候,人總要等到被挫敗、重擔壓得喘不過氣,才願意回轉向神。但聖經提醒我們:「當趁耶和華可尋找的時候尋找祂。」(以賽亞書 55:6)
坦白說,我有時候也會暗自想:「要是耶穌也給我一個像『滿網漁獲』那樣震撼的神蹟就好了!如果我親眼看見,一定會更容易信靠祂。」
畢竟人們總習慣眼見為憑,看見了才覺得安心。可是主耶穌曾對多馬說:「你因看見了我才信;那沒有看見就信的有福了。」(約翰福音 20:29)
真正的信心,不是建立在戲劇化的神蹟上,而是深深扎根在神的話語和應許上。 基督的救恩已經在十字架上成就,神的心意也已經清楚寫在聖經裡。我們不需要因為沒經歷過別人那種奇特的神蹟,就懷疑神的真實。
我們真正該問自己的,或許不是:「神啊,我什麼時候才能看見更大的神蹟?」 而是:「神已經透過聖經、十字架,以及許多生命的見證向我顯明了祂自己,那我,願意如何回應祂?」
很多時候,人總要等到被挫敗、重擔壓得喘不過氣,才願意回轉向神。但聖經提醒我們:「當趁耶和華可尋找的時候尋找祂。」(以賽亞書 55:6)
如果你在尋求
如果你對基督信仰還不太熟悉,我想和你分享:這段經文裡提到的「罪」,並不僅僅是指做錯了幾件事。它更深層的意思是我們偏離了神,以為可以靠自己緊緊抓著人生的方向盤,抵達我們人生最好的目的地。其實,這在聖經裡叫作「偏行己路」。
福音最美的好消息就在於:耶穌從不等我們「變得夠好」才接納我們。 祂總是在我們看見自己的殘破、承認自己需要幫助的那一刻,呼召我們回到祂的懷抱。
感謝主,彼得在那一天透過滿網的魚,他看見了主耶穌,也看見了自己的不配,及自己和主耶穌的巨大隔闔。最重要的是,主不但沒有離開他,反而給了他全新的生命呼召和應許。今天的收穫,只是生命轉折的起頭。
這也是今天你我最大的安慰。當我們面對自己的軟弱與不堪時,不必逃跑,更不必假裝堅強。我們可以像彼得一樣,坦然地在主面前承認自己的不足,並且在祂的呼召中,重新聽見那句溫柔的堅定的鼓勵:「不要怕。從今以後,你要得人了。」
如果你對基督信仰還不太熟悉,我想和你分享:這段經文裡提到的「罪」,並不僅僅是指做錯了幾件事。它更深層的意思是我們偏離了神,以為可以靠自己緊緊抓著人生的方向盤,抵達我們人生最好的目的地。其實,這在聖經裡叫作「偏行己路」。
福音最美的好消息就在於:耶穌從不等我們「變得夠好」才接納我們。 祂總是在我們看見自己的殘破、承認自己需要幫助的那一刻,呼召我們回到祂的懷抱。
感謝主,彼得在那一天透過滿網的魚,他看見了主耶穌,也看見了自己的不配,及自己和主耶穌的巨大隔闔。最重要的是,主不但沒有離開他,反而給了他全新的生命呼召和應許。今天的收穫,只是生命轉折的起頭。
這也是今天你我最大的安慰。當我們面對自己的軟弱與不堪時,不必逃跑,更不必假裝堅強。我們可以像彼得一樣,坦然地在主面前承認自己的不足,並且在祂的呼召中,重新聽見那句溫柔的堅定的鼓勵:「不要怕。從今以後,你要得人了。」
回應禱告
親愛的主,我承認自己的有限、軟弱與隱藏的罪,在祢面前,我實在沒有什麼可以隱藏的。 謝謝祢的光照耀我,卻從未丟棄我;祢讓我看見自己的不足,是為了牽著我的手,帶我走進祢豐盛的恩典裡。
求祢幫助我,不把信心建立在外在的神蹟與眼見的事物上,而是深深扎根在祢的話語、應許,以及基督在十字架上為我成就的救恩中。
當祢呼召我的時候,願我不再退縮,而是勇敢地悔改、信靠祢,接受祢成為我生命的救主,一生緊緊跟隨祢。
奉主耶穌基督的名禱告,阿們。
By Cathy Chen
Letting Go of the Wheel:
Receiving His Calling in Our Weakness
親愛的主,我承認自己的有限、軟弱與隱藏的罪,在祢面前,我實在沒有什麼可以隱藏的。 謝謝祢的光照耀我,卻從未丟棄我;祢讓我看見自己的不足,是為了牽著我的手,帶我走進祢豐盛的恩典裡。
求祢幫助我,不把信心建立在外在的神蹟與眼見的事物上,而是深深扎根在祢的話語、應許,以及基督在十字架上為我成就的救恩中。
當祢呼召我的時候,願我不再退縮,而是勇敢地悔改、信靠祢,接受祢成為我生命的救主,一生緊緊跟隨祢。
奉主耶穌基督的名禱告,阿們。
By Cathy Chen
Letting Go of the Wheel:
Receiving His Calling in Our Weakness
"When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, 'Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!'" (Luke 5:8)
Have you ever experienced a moment where you gave it everything you had, only to end up with absolutely nothing?
That was probably how Peter felt that night. As a professional fisherman, he had labored all night without catching a single fish. For someone who makes a living from the sea, this wasn’t just a setback at work; it likely meant no food on the table tomorrow. It might have even sparked self-doubt: Can I still provide for my family? Am I fit to be a good father and husband?
I imagine, what more could a man do when he is completely exhausted and disheartened about tomorrow?
It was at this very moment that Jesus stepped into his boat.
"When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, 'Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!'" (Luke 5:8)
Have you ever experienced a moment where you gave it everything you had, only to end up with absolutely nothing?
That was probably how Peter felt that night. As a professional fisherman, he had labored all night without catching a single fish. For someone who makes a living from the sea, this wasn’t just a setback at work; it likely meant no food on the table tomorrow. It might have even sparked self-doubt: Can I still provide for my family? Am I fit to be a good father and husband?
I imagine, what more could a man do when he is completely exhausted and disheartened about tomorrow?
It was at this very moment that Jesus stepped into his boat.
An Unexpected Reaction to an Abundant Catch
When Peter, perhaps reluctantly, lowered his nets again at Jesus' word, he pulled up a net bursting with fish. But what shocked me most was Peter's reaction. His first response wasn't tears of joy or a celebratory shout over the harvest. Instead, he dropped to his knees before Jesus and said something that seems highly illogical:
"Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!"
Why would a miracle of abundance lead to such deep remorse? This is actually an incredibly authentic spiritual experience: when a person truly encounters the holy Lord, the first thing they see is often no longer their past grievances or hardships, but their own inner weakness, limitation, and corruption.
When Peter, perhaps reluctantly, lowered his nets again at Jesus' word, he pulled up a net bursting with fish. But what shocked me most was Peter's reaction. His first response wasn't tears of joy or a celebratory shout over the harvest. Instead, he dropped to his knees before Jesus and said something that seems highly illogical:
"Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!"
Why would a miracle of abundance lead to such deep remorse? This is actually an incredibly authentic spiritual experience: when a person truly encounters the holy Lord, the first thing they see is often no longer their past grievances or hardships, but their own inner weakness, limitation, and corruption.
The Turning Point: Who He Encountered
Reading this, I sometimes wonder: What grave mistake had Peter committed? How deep was the guilt he carried that, upon witnessing this miracle, he didn't just stop at amazement but willingly left everything behind to follow Jesus? Why didn't the Bible describe his inner struggle in more detail?
Eventually, I realized that maybe I was missing the point.
The focus of this passage isn't on how many sins Peter had committed or how severe they were. Because before God, the problem of sin is never just about "quantity" or "size"; rather, it is the reality that it has completely severed our connection with God.
The true turning point in Peter's life was: who he encountered. He encountered Jesus—the holy, yet infinitely loving Lord.
Illuminated by this true light, Peter saw his own unworthiness. But the gentlest grace here is that Jesus didn't leave him as Peter requested. Instead, the Lord stepped toward him and said: "Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people." (Luke 5:10)
Recognizing our unworthiness is actually a profoundly graceful thing. The more deeply we understand our own inadequacies, the more we can appreciate how precious His grace is, and the more deeply we can love the God we believe in. Realizing our sin is only the starting point for change; it is only by turning our eyes to the Lord Himself that our lives can truly be transformed. From then on, Peter's life was no longer about calculating "how much I can do," but focusing on "what Jesus has done for me."
Reading this, I sometimes wonder: What grave mistake had Peter committed? How deep was the guilt he carried that, upon witnessing this miracle, he didn't just stop at amazement but willingly left everything behind to follow Jesus? Why didn't the Bible describe his inner struggle in more detail?
Eventually, I realized that maybe I was missing the point.
The focus of this passage isn't on how many sins Peter had committed or how severe they were. Because before God, the problem of sin is never just about "quantity" or "size"; rather, it is the reality that it has completely severed our connection with God.
The true turning point in Peter's life was: who he encountered. He encountered Jesus—the holy, yet infinitely loving Lord.
Illuminated by this true light, Peter saw his own unworthiness. But the gentlest grace here is that Jesus didn't leave him as Peter requested. Instead, the Lord stepped toward him and said: "Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people." (Luke 5:10)
Recognizing our unworthiness is actually a profoundly graceful thing. The more deeply we understand our own inadequacies, the more we can appreciate how precious His grace is, and the more deeply we can love the God we believe in. Realizing our sin is only the starting point for change; it is only by turning our eyes to the Lord Himself that our lives can truly be transformed. From then on, Peter's life was no longer about calculating "how much I can do," but focusing on "what Jesus has done for me."
Faith is Built on More Than Visible Miracles
To be honest, I sometimes secretly think: "If only Jesus would give me a breathtaking miracle like a 'net full of fish'! If I could see it with my own eyes, it would definitely be easier to trust Him."
After all, we are used to seeing is believing; we feel secure only when we see it. But Jesus once told Thomas: "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)
True faith is not built on dramatic miracles, but is deeply rooted in God’s word and His promises. Christ's salvation has already been accomplished on the cross, and God's heart has been clearly revealed in the Bible. We don't need to doubt God's reality just because we haven't experienced the spectacular miracles others have.
Perhaps the question we really should ask ourselves is not: "God, when will I see a greater miracle?" But rather: "God has already revealed Himself to me through the Bible, the cross, and countless life testimonies. So, how am I willing to respond to Him?"
Often, people wait until they are suffocating under the weight of failure and burdens before they are willing to turn back to God. But the Bible gently reminds us: "Seek the Lord while he may be found." (Isaiah 55:6)
To be honest, I sometimes secretly think: "If only Jesus would give me a breathtaking miracle like a 'net full of fish'! If I could see it with my own eyes, it would definitely be easier to trust Him."
After all, we are used to seeing is believing; we feel secure only when we see it. But Jesus once told Thomas: "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)
True faith is not built on dramatic miracles, but is deeply rooted in God’s word and His promises. Christ's salvation has already been accomplished on the cross, and God's heart has been clearly revealed in the Bible. We don't need to doubt God's reality just because we haven't experienced the spectacular miracles others have.
Perhaps the question we really should ask ourselves is not: "God, when will I see a greater miracle?" But rather: "God has already revealed Himself to me through the Bible, the cross, and countless life testimonies. So, how am I willing to respond to Him?"
Often, people wait until they are suffocating under the weight of failure and burdens before they are willing to turn back to God. But the Bible gently reminds us: "Seek the Lord while he may be found." (Isaiah 55:6)
If You Are Seeking
If you are not yet familiar with the Christian faith, I want to share this with you: The "sin" mentioned in this passage doesn't just mean doing a few bad things. Its deeper meaning is that we have wandered away from God, believing we can grip the steering wheel of our lives tightly on our own to reach our best destination. In the Bible, this is actually called "going our own way."
The most beautiful good news of the gospel is this: Jesus never waits for us to "get good enough" before He accepts us. He always calls us back to His embrace the very moment we see our brokenness and admit our need for help.
Thank God, through that net full of fish that day, Peter saw the Lord Jesus, realized his own unworthiness, and recognized the massive gap between himself and the Lord. Most importantly, not only did the Lord not leave him, but He also gave him a brand-new calling and promise for his life. That day's harvest was merely the beginning of his life's turning point.
This is also the greatest comfort for you and me today. When we face our own weaknesses and brokenness, we don't need to run away, nor do we need to pretend to be strong. Like Peter, we can honestly confess our shortcomings before the Lord, and in His calling, hear once again that gentle yet firm encouragement: "Don't be afraid. From now on, you will catch men."
If you are not yet familiar with the Christian faith, I want to share this with you: The "sin" mentioned in this passage doesn't just mean doing a few bad things. Its deeper meaning is that we have wandered away from God, believing we can grip the steering wheel of our lives tightly on our own to reach our best destination. In the Bible, this is actually called "going our own way."
The most beautiful good news of the gospel is this: Jesus never waits for us to "get good enough" before He accepts us. He always calls us back to His embrace the very moment we see our brokenness and admit our need for help.
Thank God, through that net full of fish that day, Peter saw the Lord Jesus, realized his own unworthiness, and recognized the massive gap between himself and the Lord. Most importantly, not only did the Lord not leave him, but He also gave him a brand-new calling and promise for his life. That day's harvest was merely the beginning of his life's turning point.
This is also the greatest comfort for you and me today. When we face our own weaknesses and brokenness, we don't need to run away, nor do we need to pretend to be strong. Like Peter, we can honestly confess our shortcomings before the Lord, and in His calling, hear once again that gentle yet firm encouragement: "Don't be afraid. From now on, you will catch men."
A Prayer of Response
Dear Lord, I confess my limitations, weaknesses, and hidden sins. Before You, I truly have nothing to hide. Thank You for shining Your light on me, yet never abandoning me. You showed me my shortcomings so that You could take my hand and lead me into Your abundant grace.
Please help me not to build my faith on external miracles and visible things, but to root it deeply in Your word, Your promises, and the salvation Christ accomplished for me on the cross.
When You call me, may I no longer shrink back, but bravely repent, trust in You, accept You as the Savior of my life, and follow You closely all my days.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.
Revised: August 3, 2026
Dear Lord, I confess my limitations, weaknesses, and hidden sins. Before You, I truly have nothing to hide. Thank You for shining Your light on me, yet never abandoning me. You showed me my shortcomings so that You could take my hand and lead me into Your abundant grace.
Please help me not to build my faith on external miracles and visible things, but to root it deeply in Your word, Your promises, and the salvation Christ accomplished for me on the cross.
When You call me, may I no longer shrink back, but bravely repent, trust in You, accept You as the Savior of my life, and follow You closely all my days.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.
Revised: August 3, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment