誰殺了耶穌? Who killed Jesus?

文/Cathy Chen

【經文範圍】 馬可福音 14:27 - 15:41

他們又再喊著:「把他釘十字架!」彼拉多說:「為甚麼?他做了甚麼惡事呢?」他們更加喊著:「把他釘十字架!」彼拉多要討好眾人,就釋放巴拉巴給他們,把耶穌鞭打後交給人釘十字架。(馬可福音 15:13-15)


一場集體的共犯結構

每當讀到耶穌受難的記載,心裡總是感到很沉重。很多時候我只是快快讀過去,特意不想定睛在細節上,因為那會勾起許多不舒服的感覺。有時候和弟兄姐妹討論,也不自覺把自己放在「旁觀者」的位置,評論那些害死耶穌的人:「猶大太貪心了」、「彼拉多太懦弱了」、「祭司長太惡毒了」……

但是,如果十字架是整個基督信仰最重要的核心,裡頭是不是有極為寶貴的真理,是我不能逃避、必須正視的?讀到這裡,我真的需要祈求憐憫,求神賜我勇氣,不要再特意於心中築起圍牆保持「安全距離」。我需要讓這個歷史上真實發生的事件印在我的心上——究竟上帝要我們看到什麼呢?

仔細攤開馬可福音 14 到 15 章這份「犯罪紀錄」,我們不能不承認一個令人心痛的事實:這整件事並非由一兩個壞人所造成,而是一場集體的共犯結構,更是人性全方位的崩潰。

讓我們回顧耶穌受難裡的每一個角色。他們每個人都有所屬的立場,無論是主動策劃、或是不知情被捲入的,都在自己的立場裡參與了罪行。讀著讀著,或許你也會和我一樣驚恐地發現,這些人的行為和反應,其實離我們一點都不遠。在這份清單裡,我看見了我的影子。你呢?


1. 宗教領袖(祭司長、長老、文士):嫉妒與操控 

他們是熟讀律法的人,卻目中無神,帶頭破壞律法,尋找假見證(14:55)。連羅馬人彼拉多一眼都能看穿他們是因為「嫉妒」(15:10)。隨著耶穌的聲勢水漲船高,他們手中的權力與宗教地位感受到極大威脅,便啟動一連串充滿詭詐的行徑:先是私下買通貪財的門徒猶大(14:33),然後設局逮捕(14:43-49)、用兜不攏的見證陷害耶穌(14:1, 55-64),甚至在彼拉多面前煽動群眾釋放強盜巴拉巴(15:11),讓耶穌完全沒有脫逃這場謀殺的可能。

2. 政治權威(彼拉多):妥協與精算 

彼拉多知道耶穌無罪,但「討好眾人」(15:15)的念頭更甚於良心的選擇。他明明身處在能夠撥亂反正的位置,但或許為了保住職位,或許為了害怕衝突,他讓良心一次次沉默,最終讓自己成了罪的導管。雖然他不是主謀,但他的罪神看到了,世世代代的人直到如今,也都看得清清楚楚。

3. 親密戰友(猶大與眾門徒):背叛與棄絕 

這是最讓人心痛的一群。明明他們和耶穌是同路人,日日夜夜相處在一起,然而猶大為了三十兩銀錢,背地和主謀達成交易,用「親嘴」這個親密的舉動為暗號,在人前出賣了主。耶穌講道、醫治、行神蹟、安慰受苦的人,直到最後一天為這些門徒們洗腳,猶大都在場,但這一切情分在銀錢面前全部倒了下來(14:42-46)。至於其他門徒呢?幾個小時前才信誓旦旦說「就是必須與你同死,也絕不會不認你」(14:29-31),轉眼間一看到情勢不妙,一個一個「都離開他逃走了」(14:50)。

4. 核心領袖(彼得):驕傲後的崩塌 

彼得在雞叫前的三次不認主,是他人生最大的羞恥。他過度的自信(14:29),以為自己比別人剛強,結果在一個小使女面前,為了自保,他發咒起誓,甚至三次否認與耶穌的關係。

5. 群眾、警衛與兵丁:盲從與殘暴 

那些喊著「釘他十字架」的群眾(15:13),可能幾天前才喊著「和散那」。我們常以為弱勢的人通常比較質樸善良,錯了,當他們沒有獨立思考的能力,被人一煽動,便成為暴力的幫兇,還自以為在替天行道。警衛的責任原是保護無辜者,但他們卻在耶穌被誣陷時打祂耳光(14:65)。戲弄耶穌的兵丁,他們的殘忍絲毫不遜於任何當權者;他們用手裡僅有的工具和嘴中惡毒的語言,直白展現出人性中的無知,以及對比他們更弱勢者毫無理由的踐踏(15:16-20)。

6. 同釘十字架的強盜:落井下石,看不見自己的罪 

和耶穌同釘的人,即便自己也深陷在極大的痛苦與審判中,卻沒有因此產生憐憫。相反地,他們也加入羞辱耶穌的行列(15:32)。這讓我看見,苦難並不一定讓人變好,有時人即便死到臨頭,仍不願承認自己的罪,反而透過踩踏別人來宣洩憤怒。


連一個義人也沒有

看著這份名單,即便你不信上帝,應該都會忍不住心痛:這些人太不公義了,這世界太瘋狂了。 這正是聖經要告訴我們的真相:人裡頭的罪性是何其大!  這不是因為我們是徹頭徹尾的壞人,而是或許早在無意識時、或許出於積極、或許出於被動,我們已在許多事上成為一場加害劇的推手。或許我們想狡辯:「我不知道,我不認為自己有壞到那個程度,我只是想幫忙……!」

但真相是,若不是我們還在為自己的壞找藉口,就是我們還沒進入那個會曝露內心之惡的處境罷了。

我需要安靜一會,讓聖靈光照許多隱藏在我內心的角落。這場兩千年前的惡行,如果發生在今天,我站在什麼位置?我需要更深的勇氣,來回顧我這一生:

  • 難道我從來沒有因著嫉妒,為了維護自己的「權勢」、「地位」、「形象」、「立場」,而詭詐多端、不惜犧牲他人,就如當初宗教領袖所做的嗎?

  • 難道我從來沒有為了生存、被人接納或喜歡,就用所謂的「大局」與「和諧」為藉口,泯滅了良心? 即便自己處於一個可以發聲或改變的位置,卻選擇沉默,默默地使自己成為罪惡蔓延的工具?這些令我不能自豪的場景,不在羅馬,而是在家裡、教會、朋友圈、校園、職場、群組,或路上……那麼我和彼拉多,又有什麼不一樣?

  • 難道我從來沒有在利益或安全受到威脅時,背棄那個曾經幫助我的人?我沒有大言不慚地說過連自己都不知道的大話,最後令自己無比失望嗎?我能忘記那位親密戰友望向我的震驚和失望的眼神嗎?

  • 我從來沒有透過攻擊別人來平衡自己的「受害者情結」嗎?從來沒有在尚未明白真正的情況下,就盲目地受人煽動,說出或做出加害他人的行為,卻以為自己在伸張正義嗎?

在這場審判中,從聖殿到衙門,從領袖到平民,從敵人到密友,人們的表現令人類自己都絕望。馬可福音的 14-15 章無情地揭露出人類集體的惡。在利益、恐懼和驕傲面前,我們全都成為共犯結構的一員,無法逃脫自己在無聲有聲時所犯下的罪。

這是多麼痛的領悟啊!多麼深的悲哀啊。


恩典的伏筆:神早已預備

然而,這場看似人類歷史上最黑暗的集體墮落,卻沒有讓神感到意外,它絕不是一場失控的悲劇。耶穌早就知道這一切。神允許這一切的不公義,因為它將成就那個更偉大的救贖。

在伯大尼,當那女人打破玉瓶時,耶穌就知道這是為祂安葬做的預備(14:8)。 在客西馬尼園,面對即將到來的背叛,耶穌沒有逃跑,而是選擇順服:「不要從我的意思,只要從你的意思。」(14:36)。 在受審時,面對虛假的控告,祂選擇沈默,因為祂定意要走上十字架,將人類從罪惡中救贖出來。

福音最不可思議的就是:人類用最醜陋的罪把耶穌推向死亡,上帝卻使用它,完成了對人類的救贖。 耶穌的受難,顯出了我們集體的無望;但祂用完全的順服與復活,反轉了這場最醜陋的悲哀。

十字架成了恩典與罪惡的交會、憐憫與刑罰的交會、全知與無知的交會、祝福與咒詛的交會、釋放與定罪的交會、接納與拒絕的交會、扶起與無望的交會。它是神的光明與人類集體黑暗的交會。神使那無罪的,替我們成為罪,好使我們在他裡面成為神的義(哥林多後書 5:21)。


醫治與呼召

令人感動的是,當耶穌復活後,祂沒有回來找這些「共犯」算帳,沒有指著彼得的鼻子罵他懦夫,沒有對逃跑的門徒冷嘲熱諷。相反地,祂一個一個將他們找了回來,擔當了他們的苦,在加利利的山上重新集結他們,並賜給他們全新的人生,及行出使命的能力(聖靈)。曾經失敗、軟弱、背叛的人,竟然能蒙恩得救,與主同工,一起傳揚祂的國度。

如果你和我一樣,也覺得自己像彼得一樣失敗,像門徒一樣軟弱,請不要停留在自責裡。聖經說:「我們若認自己的罪,神是信實的,是公義的,必要赦免我們的罪,洗淨我們一切的不義。」(約一 1:9)承認我們的敗壞,回到祂面前吧!當你仰望十字架時,便知道祂已經為你付上贖罪的代價,在等著你回家。

如果你也曾經被人的罪所壓傷,那麼當你仰望十字架時,便知道耶穌都明白。祂已經走在你前面,替你承擔了你所不能承擔的,這條十字架的道路,正是你的呼召。祂已經為你勝過了黑暗的權勢。


【禱告】

主耶穌,謝謝祢讓我在這場共犯結構裡看見自己,在逃跑的門徒中看見自己,在沉默的彼拉多身上也看見自己。在許許多多可惡的人身上,看見自己。

我承認我的本性是如此軟弱與敗壞。在利害關係面前,我常守不住公義;在盲目時,也會不慎人云亦云,自以為義;事後發現,又痛心疾首。

主啊,謝謝祢。祢明明知道我是這樣的人,卻依然在十字架上為我付上代價。謝謝祢沒有按著我的過犯待我,反而呼召我來跟隨祢。謝謝祢醫治了我,賜我有使命的人生。

願我此生倚靠主恩,忠心地跟隨到底。 奉耶穌基督的名禱告,阿們。


寫於 1/29/2026


Who Killed Jesus?

By Cathy Chen

Scripture Reading: Mark 14:27 – 15:41

They shouted again, "Crucify him!" "Why? What crime has he committed?" Pilate asked. But they shouted all the louder, "Crucify him!" Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified. (Mark 15:13-15)

A System of Collective Complicity

Whenever I read the account of Jesus’ suffering, my heart always feels heavy. Often, I just read through it quickly, deliberately avoiding the details because they evoke so many uncomfortable feelings. Sometimes, when discussing it with brothers and sisters, I unconsciously place myself in the position of a "spectator," critiquing those who killed Jesus: "Judas was too greedy," "Pilate was too cowardly," "The high priests were too malicious" ...

But if the Cross is the very core of the Christian faith, does it not contain precious truths that I must not escape but face squarely? Reading this, I truly need to pray for mercy and ask God for courage, so that I no longer build walls in my heart to keep a "safe distance." I need to let this event, which truly happened in history, be imprinted on my heart—what exactly does God want us to see?

When we carefully spread out the "criminal record" found in Mark 14 and 15, we must admit a heartbreaking fact: this entire event was not caused by one or two villains. It was a system of collective complicity, a total collapse of humanity.

Let us review every character in the Passion of Jesus. Each of them had their own position. Whether they were active planners or unknowingly swept up in the events, they all participated in the crime from where they stood. As you read, perhaps you, like me, will be terrified to discover that the actions and reactions of these people are actually not far from us at all. In this list, I saw my own shadow. What about you?

1. The Religious Leaders (Chief Priests, Elders, Teachers of the Law): Jealousy and Manipulation They were men well-versed in the law, yet they had no God in their eyes. They took the lead in breaking the law by seeking false testimony (14:55). Even Pilate, a Roman, could see at a glance that it was out of "envy" (15:10). As Jesus’ influence rose, they felt a massive threat to their power and religious status. Thus, they initiated a series of deceitful actions: secretly bribing the greedy disciple Judas (14:33), setting a trap for the arrest (14:43-49), framing Jesus with conflicting testimonies (14:1, 55-64), and even inciting the crowd before Pilate to release the murderer Barabbas (15:11), ensuring Jesus had no possibility of escaping this murder.

2. The Political Authority (Pilate): Compromise and Calculation Pilate knew Jesus was innocent, yet the desire to "satisfy the crowd" (15:15) outweighed the choice of conscience. He was in a position to set things right, but perhaps to keep his job, or out of fear of conflict, he silenced his conscience time and again, ultimately making himself a conduit for sin. Although he was not the mastermind, God saw his sin, and generations of people to this day see it clearly too.

3. Intimate Comrades (Judas and the Disciples): Betrayal and Abandonment This is the group that causes the most heartache. They were fellow travelers with Jesus, living with Him day and night. Yet, for thirty pieces of silver, Judas made a backroom deal with the masterminds, using a "kiss"—an intimate gesture—as a signal to betray the Lord publicly. Jesus had preached, healed, performed miracles, and comforted the suffering; up until the very last day, He was washing these disciples' feet. Judas was there for all of it, yet everything collapsed before those thirty silver coins (14:42-46). As for the other disciples? Just hours before, they had sworn, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you" (14:29-31). But the moment they saw the situation turn grim, they "all deserted him and fled" (14:50).

4. The Core Leader (Peter): The Collapse After Pride Peter’s three denials before the rooster crowed were the greatest shame of his life. His overconfidence (14:29) made him think he was stronger than others. In the end, before a mere servant girl, and in order to protect himself, he called down curses and swore, denying his relationship with Jesus three times.

5. The Crowd, Guards, and Soldiers: Blind Conformity and Brutality The crowd shouting "Crucify him" (15:13) might have been shouting "Hosanna" just days before. We often assume that the marginalized are simple and kind. We are wrong. When they lack the ability to think independently and are incited by others, they become accomplices to violence, even thinking they are acting on heaven's behalf. The duty of the guards was to protect the innocent, yet they slapped Jesus when He was falsely accused (14:65). The soldiers who mocked Jesus showed cruelty no less than any ruler; using the only tools in their hands and vicious words in their mouths, they plainly displayed the ignorance of humanity and the senseless trampling of someone weaker than themselves (15:16-20).

6. The Thief on the Cross: Kicking Him When He’s Down, Blind to His Own Sin Even those crucified with Jesus, though deep in their own agony and judgment, showed no mercy. Instead, they joined in heaping insults on Jesus (15:32). This showed me that suffering does not necessarily make people better. Sometimes, even at death’s door, people are unwilling to admit their own sins, choosing instead to vent their anger by trampling on others.

Not a Single Righteous Person

Looking at this list, even if you do not believe in God, you cannot help but feel the pain: these people are so unjust; this world is so crazy. This is exactly the truth the Bible wants to tell us: The magnitude of the sin nature within humanity is immense. This is not because we are thoroughly evil villains, but because—perhaps unconsciously, perhaps actively, or perhaps passively—we have already become pushers in a theater of persecution in many matters. Perhaps we want to argue: "I didn't know! I don't think I'm that bad! I just wanted to help...!"

But the truth is, if we are not still making excuses for our darkness, it is simply because we haven't yet entered a situation that exposes the evil in our hearts.

I need to be quiet for a moment and let the Holy Spirit shine a light on the hidden corners of my heart. If this atrocity from two thousand years ago happened today, where would I stand? I need deeper courage to review my life:

  • Have I never, out of jealousy, been deceitful or willing to sacrifice others to maintain my own "power," "status," "image," or "position," just as the religious leaders did?

  • Have I never extinguished my conscience for the sake of survival or acceptance, using so-called "big picture" or "harmony" as an excuse? Even when I was in a position to speak up or make a change, did I choose silence, silently becoming a tool for the spread of evil? These scenes, of which I cannot be proud, did not happen in Rome, but in my home, church, circle of friends, campus, workplace, group chats, or on the street... In that case, how am I any different from Pilate?

  • Have I never abandoned someone who once helped me when my interests or safety were threatened? Have I not shamelessly made big promises I didn't understand, only to end up bitterly disappointing myself? Can I forget the look of shock and disappointment in the eyes of that intimate comrade?

  • Have I never soothed my own "victim complex" by attacking others? Have I never, without understanding the true situation, blindly followed incitement to say or do things that harmed others, all while thinking I was upholding justice?

In this trial—from the temple to the governor's palace, from leaders to commoners, from enemies to close friends—human performance was a desperate failure. Mark 14-15 ruthlessly exposes the collective evil of humanity. In the face of interest, fear, and pride, we all become members of a structure of complicity, unable to escape the sins we commit in our silence or our speech. What a painful realization! What deep sorrow.

The Foreshadowing of Grace: God Prepared It All

However, this collective fall—seemingly the darkest moment in human history—did not take God by surprise. It was by no means an out-of-control tragedy. Jesus knew it all beforehand. God allowed all this injustice because it would accomplish a greater redemption.

In Bethany, when the woman broke the alabaster jar, Jesus knew it was preparation for His burial (14:8). In Gethsemane, facing imminent betrayal, Jesus did not run away but chose obedience: "Not what I will, but what you will" (14:36). At the trial, facing false accusations, He chose silence because He was determined to go to the Cross to redeem humanity from sin.

The most incredible thing about the Gospel is this: Humanity used its ugliest sins to push Jesus to death, yet God used this death to complete the redemption of humanity. Jesus’ suffering revealed our collective hopelessness; but through His perfect obedience and resurrection, He reversed this ugliest of tragedies.

The Cross became the intersection of grace and sin, mercy and cruelty, omniscience and ignorance, blessing and curse, release and condemnation, acceptance and rejection, being lifted up and hopelessness. It is the meeting point of Divine light and the collective darkness of mankind. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Healing and Calling

What is truly moving is that after Jesus resurrected, He did not come back to settle scores with these "accomplices." He did not point his finger at Peter and call him a coward; He did not mock the disciples who fled. On the contrary, He found them one by one, bore their pain, regathered them on a mountain in Galilee, and gave them a brand-new life and the power to live out a mission. People who had failed, been weak, and betrayed Him were graciously saved and made co-workers with the Lord to spread His Kingdom.

If you, like me, feel as like a failure as Peter or as weak as the disciples, please do not stay in self-blame. The Bible says: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

Acknowledge our brokenness and return to Him! When you look up at the Cross, know that He has already paid the price of redemption for you and is waiting for you to come home.  

If you have ever been crushed by the sins of others, then as you look up at the Cross, know that Jesus has gone before you. He understands it all. He has borne the burden you could not bear. The way of the Cross is your very calling, for He has already overcome the powers of darkness for you.


【Prayer】

Lord Jesus, thank You for letting me see myself in this structure of complicity—seeing myself in the disciples who fled, and seeing myself in the silent Pilate. I see myself in so many detestable people.

I admit that my nature is so weak and broken. In the face of conflicting interests, I often fail to uphold justice; when I am blind, I inadvertently follow the crowd and self-righteously judge; afterwards, I am filled with bitter regret.

Lord, thank You. You knew clearly that I am this kind of person, yet You still paid the price for me on the Cross. Thank You for not treating me as my sins deserve, but instead calling me to follow You. Thank You for healing me and giving me a life with a mission.

May I rely on Your grace all my life and follow You faithfully to the end. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

葉子的謊言:當耶穌找不到果子時 The Lie of the Leaves:When Jesus Finds No Fruit

錢財的正解與誤區 -心之所向 The True Meaning and Pitfalls of Money - Where the Heart is Directed

中歐筆記 2|嚮導篇 Notes from Central Europe 2 | 溫暖的款待 The Warmth of Hospitality